Today the internet was abuzz over rumors the New Orleans Saints would extend an invite to former NFL quarterback Philip Rivers. This all went down following Jameis Winston being ruled out for the season with an ACL injury.
Saints backups Taysom Hill and Ian Book were both inactive this past weekend, so Trevor Siemian got to fill in for Jameis.
According to Sean Payton, he’s happy with who’s on the roster.
Philip Rivers Being Tied To Saints After His High School Team Was Eliminated From Playoffshttps://t.co/92v28sOuSY
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) November 2, 2021
Word got back to Rivers, who isn’t saying no.
See the report below:
— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) November 1, 2021
As of now Rivers has not been contacted:
Philip Rivers tells me he hasn’t heard from the Saints but would listen.
— Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) November 2, 2021
The Saints might need to make a call if they want any chance of advancing in the playoffs.
With Sean Payton and Philip Rivers, you’d think they’d be able to make a run of it.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Jalen Rose Destroys Skip Bayless Over Bronny Comments
- One NFL Team is Getting More Disrespect in Betting Circles Than Any Other
- Kevin Durant Spotted in Saint Tropez Amid Retirement Talk
- Punt God Odds For Offensive Rookie of the Year Revealed
- Bet is Hitting An Astounding 82% During NFL Preseason