Beckham to the Seahawks?
With Beckham officially placed on waivers Monday, all 32 teams can put in a claim for the former Pro Bowl wide receiver before the 4 p.m. Tuesday deadline. If Beckham goes unclaimed, he can then sign with any team. So, are the Seahawks hinting he won’t hit free agency?
Pete Carroll has shown some interest in teaming Beckham with Russell Wilson.
“We’ll see how this all goes,” Carroll said Monday. “As you would think, we’re aware of what’s going on and we’ve been involved to understand to know what’s happening. We’ll let you know as it all happens.
“So I didn’t say yes or I didn’t say no. You’ll see.”
Pete Carroll is asked whether Seattle will claim Odell Beckham, Jr. He does not rule it out, ending his answer with this and a smile: “So, I didn’t say yes or I didn’t say no. That’s just cause…you’ll see.”
Seattle does have the cap space to take on the $7.25M owed to OBJ. pic.twitter.com/sNfq4wbkVq
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 9, 2021
Russell Wilson is also rumored to want Beckham on the team.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
Russell Wilson Wants Seattle To Make A Run At Odell Beckham Jr.https://t.co/zcgJuuXvVj
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) November 8, 2021
The Seahawks do have enough cap space to absorb Beckham’s contract, having the fourth-most available cap space in the league at $13.3 million.
Beckham Waiver watch is on!