Former White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen had a lot to say about a recent incident involving actor John Cusack.
During a playoff home game this week, a Barstool Sports employee, “White Sox Dave”, confronted Cusack, who was repping the Sox. He told the decorated actor that he wasn’t cool with him showing out for the White Sox after being a Cubs guy during their recent run of playoff baseball.
The confrontation spilled over to social media, where Cusack took some pointed shots at “White Sox Dave” and Barstool Sports.
John Cusack Trending After Bashing Barstool Sports Employee Who Confronted Him At White Sox Gamehttps://t.co/mLzrLGkyuS
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 11, 2021
Prior to Game 4 of their series with the Astros, Ozzie Guillen spoke on the situation.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
He didn’t say names, but Guillen made it clear that he was on team Barstool Sports for this one.
— Ozzie Guillen (@OzzieGuillen) October 12, 2021
White Sox Dave gave a shoutout right back to Ozzie Guillen.
— whitesoxdave (@barstoolWSD) October 12, 2021
John Cusack sent out a whole bunch of tweets and insults at White Sox Dave and Barstool Sports for confronting him about his fandom. But he didn’t have anything to say to Ozzie Guillen after he spoke out against him.
Given Ozzie’s status as a legend around the city, that was probably a good call.