What’s better than curling and sex toys?
A Dutch sex toy company thought the wholesome sport of curling would be the perfect opportunity to promote their brand, but it led to broadcasters canceling their livestream of a tournament that will determine the final spots in the Beijing Olympics. The event was completely halted mid-tournament.
Via Washington Post:
“A Dutch sex toy company’s attempt to reach fans of the wholesome sport of curling led some broadcasters to cancel their livestream of a tournament that will determine the final spots in the Beijing Olympics.
Local organizers of the Olympic Qualification Event in the Netherlands said they were told that on-ice ads with the EasyToys name and nonexplicit logo were too much for the U.S. audience. Dutch media reported that the livestream was also canceled in Japan.
“I’m not the right man to have an opinion what is normal in which country,” promoter Dagmar van Stiphout told The Associated Press. “I think they’re also surprised, but it’s best to ask them.””
You can see the sex toy ad below:
— World Curling (@worldcurling) December 5, 2021
USA Curling issued a statement:
— USA Curling (@usacurl) December 5, 2021
This was brilliant by the company and I suspect it was planned.
The entire world is now hearing about the brand rather than only devout curling fans.
Bad press cam be good press.
But that name isn’t exactly dirty…
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of