A surprising name was being linked to the USC vacancy this week: Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin.
The reports started when former Trojans quarterback Carson Palmer said that the longtime NFL coach’s name had been talked about by the USC brass.
Back to School? https://t.co/wCz4ANGGcR
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 25, 2021
Unfortunately for USC, Mike Tomlin has absolutely no interest in their opening. And he made that clear in an intense exchange with reporters on Tuesday.
“I don’t have time for that speculation,” Tomlin said. “That’s a joke to me. I’ve got one of the best jobs in all of professional sport, why would I have any interest in coaching college football? That’ll be the last time I address it. And not only today, but moving forward. Never say never, but never.”
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin swiftly rejects any speculation he’d be a candidate for the USC job. “Never say next, but never.” pic.twitter.com/EiP1spB4jc
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 26, 2021
Mike Tomlin even made it clear that there was no check any booster could write that would be big enough for him to leave his post with the Steelers.
He then called on reporters to ask other prominent NFL coaches such as Sean Payton and Andy Reid if they were planning on leaving their jobs.
So no, Mike Tomlin will not be the next head coach at USC. And that’s the last he wants to hear about all of those rumors.