The latest report out of Chicago is that Matt Nagy is, indeed, out as the head coach.
But the ownership is evidently giving him one more game: the Thanksgiving matchup against the winless Lions.
According to the report, Matt Nagy has already been told that this will be his last week at the helm.
— Mark Konkol (@Konkolskorner) November 23, 2021
Chicago Bears fans have been voicing their displeasure with Matt Nagy by chanting “fire Nagy” at the end of the embarrassing loss to the Ravens, the Bulls game later in the week, and people even taunted the coach with chants at his sons high school playoff game.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
Pulled this from NFHS. Was late in 4th quarter. pic.twitter.com/RRQHDV4gOf
— Matt Allen (@MattyJamesAllen) November 22, 2021
According to another leak, Matt Nagy has completely fallen out of favor in his own locker room, with several players wishing he’s be fired sooner rather than later.
The Chicago Bears hired Nagy in 2018. And he’s taken the team to the playoffs in two of his four seasons. But when they made the hire, it was believed that Nagy would turn the team’s offense around. And since he’s gotten to Chicago, the stagnant offense has only gotten worse.
If this report is true, Matt Nagy would be the first coach in franchise history to be fired midseason.