Brett Favre thinks Mac Jones is just like Tom Brady.
On his weekly SiriusXM NFL Radio show, Favre was asked to evaluate Mac Jones’ play so far. Favre has been impressed by what he’s seen from the rookie and went as far as calling him “a carbon copy” of young Tom Brady.
“It’s premature to crown anyone, a team or player at this point in the season, but, I mean obviously coach (Bill) Belichick and Josh McDaniels and the organization chose Mac Jones for a reason,” Favre said via ESPN’s Mike Reiss. “The way he plays, being ready instantly and not making many mistakes. Really, sort of a young carbon copy of Tom Brady. And it’s obviously way premature to say he is the next Tom Brady, but he plays a lot like him.
Brett Favre, on his weekly SiriusXM NFL Radio show “The SiriusXM Blitz with Brett Favre and Bruce Murray”, shared his thoughts on Mac Jones: pic.twitter.com/5bmLHvqEv7
— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) November 29, 2021
There’s not only that, but Mac Jones is doing similar Tom Brady things off the field.
There’s TB12, and now Mac Jones is trademarking a similar nickname with MJ10.
See Mac Jones Trademark filing below:
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) December 1, 2021
Of course MJ10 doesn’t have quite the same ring to it, but in time maybe it will.
Mac 10 is a much better nickname, probably already taken.
Mac really is trying to be like Tom….
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of