Mac Jones was put in a tough situation on Sunday Night.
In Tom Brady’s return to New England, the rookie was on the biggest stage with the entire world watching and wondering: How will this guy fill the GOAT’s shoes?
With everyone tuned in, Mac Jones actually played pretty well, albeit in a losing effort. He went 31-40 passing for 275 yards and two touchdowns.
After the game, Mac Jones revealed the piece of advice that Tom Brady gave him during their embrace.
“[Tom Brady] just told me to keep my head up and keep working,” Jones said, per Nick Goss of NBC Sports.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
Tom Brady had a little advice for rookie Mac Jones: ‘Keep working’ https://t.co/so14EBjsgt
— MLive (@MLive) October 4, 2021
Mac Jones Prepared To Fill Tom Brady’s Shoes?
After Tom Brady left New England for Tampa Bay, the Patriots made the realization that it was time to retool their roster.
And following their Cam Newton experiment, it appears that Bill Belichick has found his long term answer at quarterback in Mac Jones.
“We don’t really do moral victories,” Jones continued after the game. “Those are always forgotten. But you just kind of have to take it for what it’s worth and move on.”
With everything going on surrounding last night’s game, Patriots fans should feel proud of how their new quarterback responded.
Now it’s time for him to keep growing.