Kyrie Irving is throwing some serious shade Giannis’ way.
Last season the Brooklyn Nets and Milwaukee Bucks met up in the Second Round of the NBA Playoffs.
Irving missed some of the series after injuring himself in Game 4. Kyrie landed on Giannis’ foot, subsequently rolling his ankle and shelving Kyrie for the remainder of the series.
Watch the play unfold below:
While recently speaking about his injury, Kyrie basically called out Giannis for intentionally hurting him.
Kyrie went with the old air quotes when referencing the play.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Girl On TikTok Accuses Bears LB Roquan Smith Of Sexual Assault
- ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, Malika Andrews Trending After It’s Been Revealed They’re a Couple
- Patrick Mahomes Wife Brittany Being Accused of Getting Lip Enhancements, Injections
- Two Guys Passed Out Drunk Go Viral At PGA Championship
- Tim Anderson’s Wife Accuses Josh Donaldson Of Making Racist Comment During Game
Kyrie Irving was discussing his injury in the second round of last year’s playoffs used air quotes when saying Giannis Antetokounmpo’s foot “just happened to be in the way.”
— Kristian Winfield #NFTAllStar (@Krisplashed) January 17, 2022
Giannis would never do that … he's too humble 😢 pic.twitter.com/mvxb44OFOf
— Mo (@osicash) January 18, 2022
Antetokounmpo spoke about the play after it happened:
Hard to believe Giannis would intentionally hurt Kyrie, but it does sound like Kyrie is convinced he did.
This is the same Kyrie who believes the Earth is flat, so there’s that too.
Let’s hope these two meet again in the playoffs.