Seattle Seahawks linebacker KJ Wright has become the latest on a long line of NFL players who aren’t satisfied with how the league has handled the latest flurry of COVID outbreaks.
Because of an outbreak in the Rams locker room, Seattle will now be forced to play their game on Tuesday instead of Monday.
The league also announced plans to reschedule the Browns-Raiders and Eagles-Washington games, as well.
Updated week 15 NFL schedule: pic.twitter.com/arIrOhkCgW
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 17, 2021
Shortly after the news was released, KJ Wright took to Twitter to air his frustrations with the NFL.
If it was the other way around I swear we would be playing tomorrow
— KJ (@KJ_WRIGHT34) December 17, 2021
Eagles safety Rodney McLeod also voiced his concerns over being punished for another team’s outbreak.
So we have to suffer, and compromise our schedule because of another teams mistake. Make it make sense! Smh
— Rodney McLeod (@Rodney_McLeod4) December 17, 2021
KJ Wright and Rodney McLeod have a point. Earlier in the year, it was announced that the NFL would force teams to forfeit if they couldn’t field a team because of this virus.
And the latest flip-flopping of rules shows how disorganized the league is (especially with this pandemic).
At this point, one has to wonder if some major pro sports leagues will consider a shut down until after the holiday season.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of