Kevin Durant hopes Kyrie Irving will be playing for the Nets this season. But really it’s anyone’s best guess at this point.
Irving has reportedly refused to take the COVID vaccine despite the fact that New York has a mandate in place where you’d need to be vaccinated to be at Barclays Center. Thus meaning that Kyrie will not be playing, forfeiting each game check for home games this season.
To No One’s Surprise Kyrie Irving Won’t Get Vaccinated And Might Have To Miss Gameshttps://t.co/majyL4jSNY
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) September 23, 2021
Kevin Durant has been asked about the Kyrie Irving situation over and over. And he has said that he expects the point guard to be with the team this season.
But when re-iterating that point on Wednesday, Durant admitted that it’s possible that he’s being “naive” with the situation.
Kevin Durant spoke on Kyrie's absence. pic.twitter.com/3Iab2JP35T
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) October 6, 2021
Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving have been good friends ever since they schemed to get on the same team during free agency.
In their first year in Brooklyn together, the team was considered a championship contender, but struggled with injuries down the stretch.
The Nets currently sit as betting favorites to win the 2021-22 championship, but that all could change if the team is stuck without Kyrie Irving because of his refusal to get vaxxed up.
Perhaps Kevin Durant will convince Kyrie to take the shot when push comes to shove.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter