Justin Fields is back.
After missing the past couple of weeks with a ribs injury, the Bears rookie quarterback was announced as the starter for Sunday Night football against the Packers this week.
Justin Fields is back. He'll start for the Bears vs. the Packers. Backup TBD between Dalton and Foles–https://t.co/k6kAISRa5x
— Jason Lieser (@JasonLieser) December 8, 2021
On Wednesday, Justin Fields met with the press to talk about the opportunity at hand. He also spoke on if he feels 100% ahead of his return.
“I feel good. I’ll be ready to play,” Fields said via 670 The Score’s Chris Emma. “”I like being the underdog. … I like when people doubt me.”
Justin Fields probably isn’t used to be an underdog prior to his NFL career. But he’ll most definitely be counted out by many heading into Sunday’s matchup. Not only are the Bears much less talented than the Packers on paper. But they also have to travel to Lambeau Field – where they’ve had little to no success in recent years.
Before going down with an injury, Bears coach Matt Nagy said he liked what he was seeing from the rookie.
“Even going back to the San Fran game [Oct. 31], I really felt like the game, No. 1, was slowing down to him,” Nagy noted.
Despite this being another throw away year in Chicago, Bears fans will have something to look forward to with Justin Fields back in the fold.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of