Cristiano Ronaldo had a slight win in his longtime rape trial from a 2010 accusation in Las Vegas.
The woman has opened a lawsuit in $375,000 after saying she was paid in ‘hush money’ from an alleged incident inside a Vegas hotel room.
In response, Magistrate Judge Daniel Albregts, said that the case should be dismissed. The Judge blamed the accuser’s attorney, Leslie Mark Stovall, for basing her case on leaked and stolen documents.
“Dismissing Mayorga’s case for the inappropriate conduct of her attorney is a harsh result,” Albregts wrote in his recommendation to U.S. District Judge Jennifer Dorsey via ESPN. “But it is, unfortunately, the only appropriate sanction to ensure the integrity of the judicial process.”
A date for Judge Dorsey to decide whether or not she’ll take the recommendation of dismissing Cristiano Ronaldo’s case has not been set.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
“Stovall has acted in bad faith to his client’s — and his profession’s — detriment,” Albregts decided.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s representation was “pleased with the court’s detailed review … and its willingness to justly apply the law to the facts and recommend dismissal of the civil case against Mr. Ronaldo.”
In his Manchester United return, Cristiano Ronaldo leads the team in goals, including the game-winner in extra time against Villareal in the Champions League.