The Ravens faced Pittsburgh in an AFC North showdown.
Down by seven points late in the fourth quarter, Baltimore put together a great drive. Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson ended up connecting with wide receiver Sammy Watkins on a six-yard touchdown pass. However, Baltimore opted to attempt a two-point conversion rather than kicking the extra point to possibly force overtime.
The attempt was no good.
— NFL (@NFL) December 6, 2021
Following the loss, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh gave a simple explanation on why he chose to go for two.
“[We’re] trying to win the game right there. We were pretty much out of corners at that point in time. It was an opportunity to try to win the game right there.”
“Try to win the game right there.”
Coach Harbaugh on the decision to go for a two-point conversion. pic.twitter.com/CEc3tCDF1i
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) December 6, 2021
Not only did the play cost the Ravens the game, it knocked the team out of the No.1 seed in their conference.
Risky decision with so much on the line.
You love to see the attempt but an overtime game would have been much more exciting.
Tough call by Harbaugh.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments