Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons have been tied together as the two up-and-coming stars for the 76ers for a while now. But as Embiid has made the leap to superstardom, Simmons has failed to live up to expectations.
After holding out all offseason, a clearly disinterested Simmons finally showed up to practice on Monday. But after continuing to loaf around on Tuesday, Doc Rivers kicked the point guard out and suspended him for the season opener.
Doc Rivers Kicked Ben Simmons Out Of Practice And Slapped Him With A Suspensionhttps://t.co/83Gf0xEQS0
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 19, 2021
When practice concluded, Joel Embiid was asked about Ben Simmons getting tossed. The center revealed that nothing has changed since Ben has returned to the team, and at this point he just doesn’t ‘care about that man’.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
oh dear. pic.twitter.com/hEQnGERwTb
— Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) October 19, 2021
It was reported that Joel Embiid was willing to fly out to Ben Simmons over the offseason to patch up their differences and convince him to return.
But after Simmons told Embiid not to come, it appears as though the bad blood has remained between Simmons and the entire locker room.
A trade will likely come for Ben Simmons at some point. But in the meantime, we’ll all get the luxury of watching how this soap opera unfolds.