In the early 2010s, it looked like the Chicago Bulls were in the process of building a consistent winner around Joakim Noah and MVP Derrick Rose.
But then, disaster ensued. Rose tore his ACL during the playoffs in 2012, and the franchise could never get past LeBron James in the Eastern Conference.
Prior to his ceremony in Chicago on Thursday, Joakim Noah spoke on how sick he felt when Derrick Rose got injured. And he even likened the feeling to what he felt on September 11, 2001.
— Jason Patt (@Bulls_Jay) October 28, 2021
Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose developed a brother-type of bond in Chicago that carries on to this day. And it’s clear that Noah was genuine in his love for the point guard.
While this comparison might be a little bit of a stretch, it could just be the perfect quote when thinking about the ultimate teammate that Noah was.
Derrick Rose and Tom Thibodeau’s Knicks are set to take on the Bulls following Joakim Noah’s ceremony. And it’s bound to be an emotional evening for everyone involved.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of