Jimmy G to the Steelers?
The Athletic is reporting the Niners are finally go to end their tumultuous relationship with Jimmy Garoppolo. According to the report, Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch will stick with the plan set forth when they traded a haul of draft picks to move up and select quarterback Trey Lance with the No. 3 overall pick. That move essentially put a clock on Jimmy’s time in the Bay.
The veteran quarterback was to remain the starter for, at most, one more season, but Lance was the future.
Now, San Francisco is expected to part ways with Garoppolo, officially declaring that the Lance era begins now.
The report states the 49ers could have a deal in place within the next six days, pointing back to the trade that sent Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs, allowing San Francisco to move forward with Colin Kaepernick.
“I think something very similar will happen with the 49ers and Garoppolo,” Kawakami wrote, “and it could happen pretty soon, though it can’t be official until mid-March.”
— Darryl Martin (@Kingshark49) February 21, 2022
The Athletic believes a trade will be agreed to and reported by the end of this month. The report also predicts a landing spot and the compensation for Garoppolo—to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a fourth-round pick this year and a conditional pick that could become a second-rounder next year.
Jimmy G is all but gone, but until he is, he’s still the starter for the Niners.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth