The Georgia Bulldogs celebrated their National Championship like any team should, with a late night out partying. But for one player, it might’ve gone a bit too far.
Georgia football long snapper William Mote was out in Athens when he was arrested in the wee hours of the morning after breaking a window at a local law office.
According to a report from the Athens Banner-Herald, Mote was arrested after he thought the law office was a friend’s apartment that he was trying to get into.
“Mote told Athens-Clarke County police he was intoxicated after drinking at the Silver Dollar Bar, went to see a friend and mistakenly went to the law office, according to a police incident report,” the Banner-Herald wrote.
Georgia football long snapper William Mote was arrested and charged with destroying property after the national title win in Indianapolis. 😂😭
— Everything Georgia (@GAFollowers) January 19, 2022
William Mote, a redshirt sophomore, was charged with a second degree felony for damage of greater than $500. He was booked but then released on a $1,300 bond.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Girl On TikTok Accuses Bears LB Roquan Smith Of Sexual Assault
- ESPN’s Dave McMenamin, Malika Andrews Trending After It’s Been Revealed They’re a Couple
- Patrick Mahomes Wife Brittany Being Accused of Getting Lip Enhancements, Injections
- Two Guys Passed Out Drunk Go Viral At PGA Championship
- Tim Anderson’s Wife Accuses Josh Donaldson Of Making Racist Comment During Game
Mote posted on Twitter on the morning of the arrest.
— William Mote (@W_Mote50) January 11, 2022
William Mote and his teammates had a right to be excited. It was Georgia’s first National Championship in over 40 years.
When the party continues in Athens, maybe the players will celebrate a little more responsibly.