Former ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton has died at the age of 67 following a brief illness.
Clayton was known as the professor and spent more than 20 years covering the NFL for ESPN.
Chris Mortensen of ESPN wrote “John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. His wife Pat and sister Amy were at his side and communicated earlier he passed peacefully after a brief illness.”
Clayton will be remembered for his analytics, but also this amazing SportsCenter commercial.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Ben Simmons’ Fiancé Shares Sexy Pics of the Couple While She’s Busy on Work Trip
- Jay Cutler Being Linked to Justin Timberlake in Cheating Scandal
- MLB Reporter Shares Photo After 95 MPH Foul Ball Strikes Her
- Aaron Rodgers Was a No-Show at His Brother’s Wedding
- Luka Doncic’ Girlfriend Shows Her Support Ahead of Western Conference Finals
John Clayton, a first-class NFL insider and our beloved longtime ESPN colleague, died today.
He also starred in the greatest This Is SportsCenter commercial of all time.
— Don Van Natta Jr. (@DVNJr) March 19, 2022
Clayton was inducted to be a member of the writer’s wing in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2007.
Rest in peace.