Could the Matt Ryan era in Atlanta be coming to an end?
The Atlanta Falcons are reportedly fielding trade calls for their star QB Matt Ryan. The Falcons have put him on the block after the Falcons tried and failed to trade for Deshaun Watson.
Ryan will earn a $7.5 million roster bonus if he still is on the roster at 4pm EST . According to NFL reporter Ian Rapoport, if Ryan is still on the roster he might be getting some extra cash for all he had to deal with surrounding the Watson madness.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kayla Nicole Seemingly Responds to Wild Rumor About Her Breakup With Travis Kelce
- Johnny Manziel is Showing Off His Thonged Out Girlfriend Kenzie Werner in Vegas
- Sexy Flames Fans In Cowboy Hats Behind Oilers Bench During Game 5 Go Viral
- Kayla Nicole’s Cryptic Post Leads to More Travis Kelce Break Up Rumors
- Diddy’s Ex Sings About Having an Affair With NBA Player
“The bonus being due on Tuesday means that if Ryan is on the roster today at 4 p.m. ET, the Falcons will pay it.
So Atlanta’s choices are to trade Ryan and take on a big dead-money cap hit, or he’ll be back with the only club he’s known in 14 years in the NFL.
Rapoport added that the Falcons could add a sweetener to Ryan’s contract after he accommodated their dalliance with Watson. Adding more sweetness to a deal already counting $48.67 million against the salary cap in 2022 would be akin to dunking three Girl Scouts cookies into a vat of chocolate syrup. But given how professionally Ryan handled the past few weeks, he’d deserve a little added cash for his troubles.”
— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) March 21, 2022
When you swing and miss for another QB, you better be prepared for a Plan B.
Ryan’s going to need a Derek Jeter like gift basket if he’s going to stay and play in the ATL.