Tough year for NHL player Evander Kane.
Evander Kane has had a pretty wild year, as he’s been in the news for a variety of reasons. The NHL is now looking into the San Jose Sharks player allegedly submitting a fake COVID-19 vaccination card, according to Front Office Sports’ A.J. Perez.
“An investigation of San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane over allegations he violated the NHL’s COVID-19 protocols centers around a fake vaccination card he allegedly submitted, sources tell Front Office Sports.
Punishments for violating COVID protocols are not specifically spelled out, but the NHL makes it clear that a “lack of compliance will result in significant Club and individual sanctions, including potential forfeiture of games, fines and reimbursements of expenses, loss of draft choices, and/or ineligibility for participation in training activities.”
Beyond possible NHL sanctions, using a fake vaccination card is illegal both in the U.S. and Canada.”
NEWS: Sharks forward Evander Kane is under investigation by the NHL after he allegedly submitted a fake COVID-19 vaccination card.
He was already subject to a league probe over abuse allegations made by his estranged wife.
The latest from @byajperez ⤵️
— Front Office Sports (@FOS) October 6, 2021
The NHL declined to comment on the story.
Kane has missed all five of the Sharks’ preseason games and his status for the team’s regular-season opener on Oct. 16th against the Winnipeg Jets is uncertain.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter