Boston Celtic, Enes Kanter, 29, who is set to become a United States citizen on Monday, let everyone know that he is officially changing his name to Enes Kanter Freedom.
Kanter has let the Athletic know that he is legally changing his name to Enes Kanter Freedom with Kanter becoming his middle name and Freedom becoming his last name.
Boston Celtics center Enes Kanter is legally changing his name to Enes Kanter Freedom, @TheAthletic @Stadium learned. Kanter will be his middle name, Freedom is his new last name. He becomes a U.S. citizen on Monday.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 28, 2021
Kanter has been very public about his issues with the Turkish government. He has also used personalized clothing to criticize China’s treatment of Uyghur treatment.
In a recent interview with CNN, Kanter went as far as to suggest that athletes should boycott the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics.
China was not pleased with the comments and subsequently pulled Boston Celtics games from from Chinese streaming platforms.
Kanter has just appeared in 9 games this season for the Celtics averaging just over 4 points and 5 rebounds in those appearances.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of
- NFL Player Caught Sliding into Jake Paul’s Girlfriend Julia Rose’s DM’s
- Baker Mayfield’s Trash Talk Already Getting Under Teammates’ Skin