Doc Rivers dropping F-Bombs on Ben Simmons?
A new report from Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer confirms those suspicions, things got a little testy between Doc Rivers and Ben Simmons.
Fischer wrote in a new story Wednesday some specific details from an L.A. meeting between Doc and Ben Simmons, including a spicy moment from Sixers head coach Doc Rivers:
“Dating back to those Combine dialogues, Philadelphia was adamant in its plans to withhold Simmons’ pay for not complying with the terms of the five-year, $170-plus million agreement he signed in July 2019. Later, at Rich Paul’s home, Rivers even shouted, “It’s in your f–king contract” to report and play for Philadelphia, sources told B/R.”
“It’s in your f—-ing contract!”
— Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) October 13, 2021
According to the report, Doc and Ben have never gelled.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Jayson Tatum Rumored To Be Dating Ella Mai Following July 4 Celebration
- Paige Spiranac Eating Hot Dogs in Sexy 4th of July Bikini Picture
- Mac Jones’ Girlfriend Goes Viral With Vacation Pic
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
“By all accounts, the head coach, a former point guard, has never managed to build a strong rapport with Simmons. Perhaps that’s due to the additional demands coaches typically place on their nominal floor generals, or it may simply be a case of two differing personalities in a competitive industry failing to mesh.”
Simmons is back in Philadelphia and things may be a little awkward for a while.
Sounds like the Sixers are backing Doc on this one.