Former NBA player Deron Williams is set to fight on the undercard of the Jake Paul-Tommy Fury fight.
The Athletic first reported the news of Deron Williams fighting, which will take place in December at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida.
According to the report, a potential opponent for Williams could be Frank Gore, who is third on the NFL’s all-time rushing yards list.
NBA-Boxing world crossover, per sources: Former All-Star and two-time Olympic Gold Medalist Deron Williams will fight on the Jake Paul/Tommy Fury undercard bout on Dec. 18. Frank Gore — third on the NFL’s all-time rushing yards list — is a potential opponent for Williams.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 5, 2021
Gore played last season with the New York Jets.
Williams last played in the NBA in 2017 with the Cleveland Cavaliers but he does have some fighting experience. He reportedly wrestled in high school:
Deron Williams did win 2 state championships as a wrestler before he focused solely on basketball 🤷🏻♂️
— Chris Milholen (@CMilholenSB) November 5, 2021
An NFL NBA celebrity fight should add some intrigue to Jake Paul’s latest circus act.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of