With Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt out with injuries, the Browns were forced to turn to third string running back D’Ernest Johnson for Thursday night Football against the Broncos.
The Cleveland backfield also consisted of veteran QB Case Keenum, and the team ended up turning to the young running back early an often during their 17-14 win. Along the way, D’Ernest Johnson even received a shoutout from one prominent Browns fan: LeBron James.
D’ Ernest Johnson on 1 tonight!! Love to see it! #Browns
— LeBron James (@KingJames) October 22, 2021
After the game, D’Ernest Johnson was made aware that LeBron James was tweeting about him, and he lit up.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
— Jake Trotter (@Jake_Trotter) October 22, 2021
On the night D’Ernest Johnson carved up the Broncos defense for 146 yards and a touchdown. He ran tough through contact, and proved himself as a guy who could be useful even when Chubb and Hunt return from their injuries.
LeBron James certainly wasn’t the only fan impressed with Johnson’s performance on Thursday night. And it’ll most definitely be a night the guy won’t soon forget.