Philadelphia 76ers president Daryl Morey is making it clear that he won’t flinch with Ben Simmons.
Even as the point guard has showed up to the 76ers and proven that he won’t be putting in any effort with the team until he’s traded, Morey isn’t going to give him up for scraps.
On Wednesday, Daryl Morey spoke to the media about the Simmons saga. And when he was asked about how long this whole charade could drag on, Morey stood firm on his stance that he won’t be rushed into a trade.
Morey: “You’re going to think I’m kidding, I’m not, this could take four years…we’re in the prime of Joel’s career…this is not a day to day [issue}]. Every day, we are going to expect Ben Simmons to be back here, or we trade him for a difference maker.”
— Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck) October 21, 2021
Daryl Morey would then issue a warning to “people”, but it sure seemed like he was talking directly to Ben Simmons.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
“People should buckle in. This is going to go a long time,” he added.
Ben Simmons is reportedly trying to do “whatever it takes” to be traded ASAP by the Sixers. So far, that has included practicing in sweatpants, refusing to partake in drills, and gladly leaving practice when being hit with an ultimatum from Doc Rivers.
Is Daryl Morey trying to bluff, or is he really prepared to keep playing this game with Ben Simmons for the long haul?