Chargers tight end Donald Parham Jr. was the subject of an incredibly scary moment during Thursday Night Football.
During the first drive, Parham hit the ground awkward when trying to come down with a TD catch. Cameras showed him seemingly knocked out during the play, and he was carted off shortly thereafter as teammates and opponents looked on in fear.
Donald Parham Jr. was taken to a nearby hospital where he was immediately treated for a concussion.
And on Friday, the team announced that he was still being evaluated. But they were expecting him to be released from the hospital later in the day.
“Tight End Donald Parham Jr. stayed overnight at UCLA Harbor Medical Center for observation after being diagnosed with a concussion. He is resting comfortably, alert and will likely be discharged from the hospital later today,” the Chargers said in a statement.
Update: Tight End Donald Parham Jr. stayed overnight at UCLA Harbor Medical Center for observation after being diagnosed with a concussion. He is resting comfortably, alert and will likely be discharged from the hospital later today.
— Los Angeles Chargers (@chargers) December 17, 2021
On the season, Donald Parham Jr. has hauled in 20 catches for 190 yards and three touchdowns.
His teammates were clearly playing with heavy hearts after the terrifying Thursday Night Football moment. And they ended up losing a nail-biter against the Chiefs in overtime.
We’ll hope for some more encouraging updates on Donald Parham Jr.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter