Newly appointed Oklahoma QB Caleb Williams had a wild strip of his own RB Kennedy Brooks on 4th down to get the first down for the Sooners.
Brooks appeared to be stopped on 4th down late in the game with Oklahoma up 28-23, which would have given Kansas a chance at the comeback. Unfortunately for the Jayhawks, Williams stripped the ball from Brooks and moved it forward for a 1st down.
— Follow @TPortalCFB (@LorneMalvoSzn) October 23, 2021
Many on-lookers were confused at the play and thought it was an illegal forward hand-off or pass.
The rule book shows that if both ball carriers are behind the line of scrimmage then the ball may go forward.
the rulebook actually goes into great detail about forward handoffs. doesn’t come up a lot pic.twitter.com/WIZKVleQRE
— Rodger Sherman (@rodger) October 23, 2021
The Sooners went down the field to secure the win 35-23 as the Sooners remain undefeated.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth