Baker Mayfield has looked pretty bad as of late, with some calling for the Browns to bench him.
Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski has no plans to change things up, at least at the quarterback position. During the postgame media conference, he made it clear that Baker Mayfield is still the guy he wants under center.
“No,” Stefanski said when a reporter asked him if there would be a QB change after the team’s Week 13 bye. “Let me ask you a question: Why would we do that? We’re not doing that.”
Stefanski blamed himself for the Browns’ recent issues, which he summed up quite effectively.
— Around The NFL (@AroundTheNFL) November 29, 2021
“It’s frustrating. It is very frustrating,” Stefanski said via NFL.com. “To not score enough, it’s always a combination of things — staying on the field on third down, trying to run the ball effectively and getting in the red zone, all of those things. But we’re just not doing a good enough job, and that starts with me.”
There’s no way Stefanski is convinced Baker is their guy for the future.
He’s helped turn things around in Cleveland, but they’ll probably never win a Super Bowl with Baker under center.
You can’t pay a guy $30-40 million a year to be less than average.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter