Brent Musburger is a Raiders homer, that much is clear.
The legendary broadcaster is calling out the suspicious email leak that lead to Jon Gruden’s demise. The Raiders radio play-by-play announcer is speaking out on what exactly went down from his perspective.
Musburger called Gruden’s forced resignation a “professional hit job.” Musburger also called it “one of the best hit jobs” he’s ever seen.
Musburger points to how the emails were leaked that someone was purposely taking Gruden out.
“As I told Coach, whoever took you out, Jon, that was a paid assassin. That was one of the best hit jobs that I’ve ever been around. They didn’t go to their media goombahs. They didn’t leak this to Adam Schefter or one of those guys that breaks stories. They first went to The Wall Street Journal. And when Gruden was still coaching after that, then they dumped the rest of it on The New York Times. That was a professional hit job.”
Watch Musburger explain below:
.@brentmusburger: “Jon Gruden’s career was ended by a paid assassin”🚨
— Bleav (@BleavNetwork) December 2, 2021
Gruden is suing the N.F.L. and its commissioner, Roger Goodell, for what Gruden’s lawyers say was a concerted effort by the league to ruin his career.
Those emails represented merely a fraction of roughly 650,000 messages reportedly reviewed by the NFL. Makes you wonder what they’re not showing us.
Don’t feel too bad for Gruden, he actually did say some really bad stuff in those emails.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter