Maybe Bill Belichick isn’t such a bad guy, after all.
According a new report, the standoffish head coach has a soft side for all of his assistants who make much less money than he does.
In Seth Wickersham’s Scathing new book about the Patriots dynasty, “It’s Better To Be Feared”, a grim picture is painted for Belichick. But one anecdote doesn’t make the guy seem like such a complete jerk. In the book, it’s mentioned that Bill will hand out wads of cash to the hardest working assistant coaches, and refer to them as “Green Balls”.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Kliff Kingsbury Photographed with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik For the Very First Time
- Miles Bridges Wife’s Sister Likes Interesting Comment About Felony Domestic Violence Charge
- Jayson Tatum is Now Following NBA Girlfriend Mulan Hernandez
- LaMelo Ball Posts Rare Picture of His ‘Baby’ Ana Montana
- Dad Gets Caught Texting Escort While With His Daughter At White Sox Game
Bill Belichick would give underpaid Patriots coaches wads of cash called "green balls" that would sometimes be worth up to thousands of dollars 💰
He'd also write personal checks to staffers who had overperformed, sometimes up to six figures.
— 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬 (@sportingnews) October 27, 2021
Bill Belichick’s Patriots are much less interesting now that Tom Brady is in Tampa and they’ve transformed from a dynasty to a middle-of-the-pack team.
However, Belichick’s presence is enough to keep the team relevant, for now. And if the team takes the next step with rookie quarterback Mac Jones, perhaps we’ll be talking about a playoff team before too long.
Being an assistant coach for Bill Belichick and the Patriots can’t be easy. But at least there are some perks involved.