Ben Roethlisberger might not be holding out too much hope for this weekend’s playoff game against the Chiefs. Either that, or he’s just trying to play some mind games.
When speaking to reporters on Wednesday, Big Ben made sure that his team’s role as the underdog was understood.
“I would assume, as a group, you understand that we probably aren’t supposed to be here. We probably are not a very good football team. Out of 14 teams I think are in, we’re probably number 14,” he said via ESPN. “… We’re probably 20-point underdogs, and we’re going to the No. 1 seed, the No. 1 team. I know they’re not the No. 1 seed, obviously, but they’re the No. 1 team that has won the AFC the last two years, arguably the best team in football.
“We don’t have a chance. So, let’s just go in and play and have fun.”
"We don’t have a chance, so let’s just go in and have fun."
—Ben Roethlisberger on the Steelers' playoff game vs. the Chiefs
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) January 12, 2022
Knowing Ben Roethlisberger’s competitiveness, I bet he’s just using some gamesmanship with this quote, and has intentions of beating the Chiefs this weekend.
After all, his guess that Pittsburgh would be “20 point underdogs” is a little far-fetched anyways. As of now, the Steelers are 13.5 point dogs against the favorites to win the AFC.
No matter what, Big Ben will be counted out on Sunday. But it sounds like that’s just fine with him.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments