The New York Yankees made one noise during the second half of the season after acquiring Anthony Rizzo and Joey Gallo at the Trade Deadline. But it wasn’t enough.
The team faltered at the tail end of September, and ended up losing the Wild Card Game to the Red Sox at Fenway Park.
It seems like a foregone conclusion that the team will now let Gallo walk during free agency after his brutal stint. But it also appears that there’s mutual interest in keeping Anthony Rizzo around for the long term. According to Bob Klapisch of NJ.com, Rizzo is ‘quite eager’ to get a deal done with New York.
According to a family member, Anthony Rizzo is quite eager to return to #Yankees in 2022. That’s an important first step, assuming NYY want him back. Have to assume they do.
— Bob Klapisch (@BobKlap) October 25, 2021
When moving over to the Yankees, Anthony Rizzo slashed d .249/.340/.428 with eight home runs and 21 RBIs.
It was reported last year that Rizzo turned down an extension with the Cubs that would have paid the first baseman over $70 Million over the next four season, so it would seem likely that the Yankees will have to cut a hefty paycheck in order to keep the 32-year-old first baseman in The Bronx.
Even with a likely drop off as he gets older, Anthony Rizzo would provide the Yankees with a consistent presence to add to their stacked lineup for the next few seasons. I wouldn’t be surprised if a deal gets done shortly.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Bet is Hitting An Astounding 82% During NFL Preseason
- Report: White Sox Manager Tony La Russa Had Two ‘Accidents’ in the Dugout Last Season
- Aidan Hutchinson DROY Bets Becoming Hot Wager After Eventful Week
- Deshaun Watson Serenaded With “F*** You Sicko” Chants During First Preseason Game
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks