Adrian Peterson’s dad, Nelson, is becoming the latest parent of a professional NFL player to share their displeasure.
Specifically, Nelson Peterson is upset that the Minnesota Vikings didn’t reach out to his son when Dalvin Cook went down – opting instead to bring in former Lions RB Kerryon Johnson for a tryout.
“That’s disappointing to me,” he said. “He never heard anything from the Vikings and you go in and bring in a guy Adrian beat out in Detroit (in 2020).”
Nelson Peterson on #Vikings not reaching out to son Adrian Peterson after Dalvin Cook hurt & bringing in ex-Lions RB Karryon Johnson for workout “That’s disappointing to me He never heard anything from the Vikings & you go in & bring in a guy Adrian beat out in Detroit (in 2020)"
— Chris Tomasson (@christomasson) December 1, 2021
Onbviously, Adrian Peterson will always be a legend in Minnesota. And when it’s all said and done, he’ll be in the Hall of Fame as a Viking.
But honestly, it might be for the best that Minnesota didn’t come calling for AP at this stage of life. Right now, he’s merely a shell of his former self. And he’s been bouncing around from team-to-team just trying to stretch his career out a little bit longer.
Nelson Peterson might be upset, but let’s just remember Adrian Peterson for the glory days with the Vikings. Bringing him in now would be rile up the fan base, but I’m not sure the results would be worth it.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- One Surprising QB Has Been an Especially Popular MVP Bet the Last Few Weeks
- Jared Goff’s Supermodel Fiancée Details How She Received Death Threats Following Lions’ Losses
- Ian Rapoport’s Wife Speaks on Her Husband’s Rival Adam Schefter
- Detroit Lions Getting Huge Betting Boost from Hard Knocks
- One Very Hot Bet of Late is on a Receiver You’d Never Think Of