Ben Simmons no longer being fined?
76ers’ fining of Ben Simmons came nearly two months ago, when they reportedly fined him for not joining the team on a road trip.
There was a running tally going around on just how much Ben has been fined thus far.
It was recently been revealed that Ben Simmons has officially surpassed $10 million in fines this season. Ben Simmons’ salary for the 2021-22 season is $33,003,936, so he has been fined around 30% of his salary for the season.
Ben Simmons has officially surpassed $10 million in fines from the #sixers this season.
— Michael K-B (@therealmikekb) December 31, 2021
Now, an update.
Via Shams Charania of The Athletic:
“The 76ers have not been fining Simmons, as he fulfills team obligations such as training sessions and team meetings as well as continuing to meet with mental health specialists, sources said.”
— Daniel Shirley (@DM_Shirley) January 10, 2022
It still appears Ben Simmons will never play for the Sixers again. If he’s getting his full salary, he has even more reasons to stay away.
The 76ers will have a tough time justifying paying Simmons not to play over the long-term.
Which is why they’re expected to deal him by the trade deadline.
Very much looking forward to the Ben Simons Sixers drama officially coming to an end.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills
- Fox Sports’ Charissa Thompson Received Plenty of Attention on NFL Sunday For Her Multi-Colored Dress
- Cooper Rush’s Wife Reacts to Her ‘Daddy’ Getting Big Win While Replacing Dak Prescott as Cowboys Starter
- Rumor: Video of Niners QB Trey Lance Allegedly at the Strip Club Making it Rain Goes Viral
- IG Golf Influencer Paige Spiranac Forced To Delete Comments On Latest Video After Fat-Shaming Comments