It’s no secret that Matt Nagy did Justin Fields no favor during their time together with the Bears last season.
During his first year in Chicago, the former head coach was heavily ridiculed for his play-calling selection for Fields, and was immediately fired following the season.
Now, Matt Nagy has landed back with the Chiefs, where he serves at the QB coach for Patrick Mahomes. As luck would have it, Nagy’s first preseason game with the Chiefs comes in Chicago against the Bears.
Prior to the game, Justin Fields found his coach on the field and shared an embrace.
— Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) August 13, 2022
Unlike Mitchell Trubisky, Justin Fields has remained relatively quiet about Matt Nagy since his ousting. And by all indications, it appears as though he isn’t holding any grudges against his former coach.
Nagy, on the other hand, has nothing but high praise for Fields.
“Justin Fields has it. He has everything. He is the real deal. They got the right guy and he will be a star in this league,” Nagy said via NFL reporter Kyle Brandt earlier in the offseason.
Now, Fields has a new head coach in Matt Eberflus, and the man saddled with calling plays and developing the Ohio State product will be Luke Getsy — who previously served as the QB coach with the Green Bay Packers.
In Chicago, fans will likely still have a distaste for Matt Nagy and everything that happened during the last few years of his regime.
But by the looks of it, Justin Fields is ready to move on.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills