With the 49ers OTA’s starting this week, it was no surprise that star receiver Deebo Samuel was a no-show amid his contract negotiation stall.
Earlier in the offseason Samuel reportedly requested a trade from San Francisco when the team wouldn’t meet his monetary demands. But for now, he remains a 49er, and that doesn’t appear to be changing in the near future.
When speaking to the media on Tuesday, Niners head coach Kyle Shanahan maintained his confidence that they’d get Deebo Samuel back on the field at some point.
“Yeah, of course I do,” Shanahan said. “I thought that the last time I talked to you guys at draft time. I feel the same, if not stronger.”
Kyle Shanahan remains confident 49ers, Deebo Samuel will come to agreement. https://t.co/znRPc8ekp5
— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 24, 2022
Like Kyle Shanahan, 49ers GM John Lynch has also remained confident that the team can get a deal done with Deebo Samuel prior to the start of the NFL season.
“I’m confident we can find the solutions to work through whatever’s going on,” he said last month.
Deebo Samuel has been relatively quiet since his reported trade demand, but he has adamantly claimed that some of the reports swirling around out there simply aren’t true.
Regardless, the Niners have to know they need to get their top offensive weapon out there to reach their full potential next season.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth