For now, the Boston Celtics are considered the underdogs to win the NBA Finals against the Warriors. But delving into some of the analytics, and you might find that those odds aren’t necessarily indicative of what’s about to occur.
In fact, ESPN’s computer model actually has the Celtics as favorites to take home the championship.
According to their BPI model, Boston has an 86% chance to defeat the Warriors in the upcoming series.
The Celtics have a strong chance to beat the Warriors in the #NBAFinals, according to ESPN's BPI 👀 pic.twitter.com/JJzaNSwfGF
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) June 1, 2022
As it currently stands on Vegas sports books, the warriors are -150 to win the NBA Championship.
Obviously, the computer model doesn’t take into account some of the more abstract aspects of why Golden State is favored such as experience and pedigree. But according to some, the down-low presence, as well as bench play may be enough for the Celtics to give the Warriors fits.
Regardless, it should be a highly entertaining NBA Finals between the Celtics and Warriors.
Welcome to the game outside the game! Follow us on our Sideaction Twitter handle, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest on sports and pop culture news across the web!
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Lala Anthony Blames Knicks for the ‘Demise of their Relationship’
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Singer Lotto’s Sister Brooklyn
- Rumor: Instagram Model ‘Ayyyejae’ Connected to Phoenix Suns Is Now Pregnant by NBA Player
- Rumor: Jalen Rose Spotted With New Girlfriend Angela Rye
- Spurs Josh Richardson is Dating Former America’s Next Top Model Runner-Up Tatiana Elizabeth