It looks like the Kevin Durant trade will have to wait a little bit longer.
While trade interest for Kevin Durant has been on the rise since he doubled down on his trade request, it seems as if the Boston Celtics have stopped talking with Brooklyn’s front office about a potential trade for Durant. It was just yesterday reports surfaced that the Boston Celtics were the unofficial frontrunner to land the disgruntled superstar.
‘Unofficial’ Front Runner Has Emerged in Kevin Durant Sweepstakes https://t.co/esDWEeSECg
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) August 17, 2022
But now it’s being reported that nothing is currently cooking on the trade front. Celtics beat writer Adam Himmelsbach of the Boston Globe reported there has been minimal conversation about trading for the All time great scorer.
Himmelsbach said, “[there] have not even been any real discussions of substance.”
“With the start of training camp just six weeks away, league sources continue to insist that the Celtics are not close to a deal that would bring Kevin Durant to Boston,” wrote Himmelsbach.
The Boston Celtics reportedly offered a trade for KD which centered around Jaylen Brown, the Nets organization didn’t feel like they were getting enough value to accept the trade. The offer included this year’s Defensive Player of the Year in Marcus Smart and Derrick White, but Brooklyn must have been looking for more, as they reportedly turned down the deal.
The Nets don’t seem very concerned about trading KD at this point.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills