It’s no secret that it’s been an extremely difficult year for the Miami Marlins and their fans, but their latest streak might be the most embarrassing anecdote of their entire season.
Following their 3-1 loss to the Braves on Sunday afternoon, it was revealed that the team total for the Marlins has not hit on the over for 15 straight games.
— TheRXForum (@TheRxForum) August 15, 2022
The Miami Marlins now sit at a disappointing 50-65 on the season, good for fourth place in the NL East.
Before the season, Derek Jeter left the Marlins as the CEO after becoming a part of their ownership group a few years prior. And during his recent docuseries “The Captain”, the former Yankees shortstop explained how he wasn’t seeing eye-to-eye with a lot of the brain trust in the Marlins organization.
“We had a vision five years ago to turn the Marlins franchise around, and as CEO, I have been proud to put my name and reputation on the line to make our plan a reality,” Jeter wrote in his February statement. “Through hard work, trust and accountability, we transformed every aspect of the franchise, reshaping the workforce and developing a long-term strategic plan for success.”
Back in the COVID-shortened 2020 season, it appeared that the Marlins had taken the next step in their rebuild when they won their opening playoff series against the Cubs. But the following year, the Marlins took a step in the wrong direction when they finished the season 67-95.
Now, it appears the Marlins are stuck in limbo, and it could be a long road back to prominence in South Florida.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills