Fernando Tatis Sr. is now speaking out on his son’s suspension due to PED use.
At first, the Padres shortstop blamed a medication he was taking to treat a skin disease, ringworm.
Fernando Tatis Suspension: Shortstop Blames “Ringworm” For Mistakehttps://t.co/4OEqpTwf9W
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) August 13, 2022
Now, Fernando Tatis Sr. is making similar excuse.
The former MLB star took it a step further to try to clear his son from any wrongdoing. According to Tatis Sr, his son’s skin problem stemmed from a haircut gone wrong.
“What involves him (Tatis Jr.) is a steroid that contains a spray called trofobol. He got a fungus due to a haircut. His mistake was not reading what it contains, which is what apparently makes him guilty of something totally unknown,” Tatis Sr. said.
Fernando Tatis Sr.: "What involves him (Tatis Jr.) is a steroid that contains a spray called trofobol… He got a fungus due to a haircut. His mistake was not reading what it contains, which is what apparently makes him guilty of something totally unknown".
— Héctor Gómez (@hgomez27) August 15, 2022
After being docked with an 8- game suspension, Fernando Tatis Jr. sent out a statement blaming his ignorance of what he was putting into his body.
“It turns out that I inadvertently took a medication to treat ringworm that contained Clostebol,” the statement said, in part. “I should have used the resources available to me in order to ensure that no banned substances were in what I took. I failed to do so. I want to apologize to Peter, AJ, the entire Padres organization, my teammates, Major League Baseball, and fans everywhere for my mistake. I have no excuse for my error, and I would never do anything to cheat or disrespect the game I love.”
For once, I’d just like to hear one of these MLB players own up for their mistake when they get caught using illegal drugs. But yet, they try to think of these elaborate excuses, instead.
Fernando Tatis Jr. has no one to blame but himself for missing significant time during the prime of his career.
🔥 Hot from Side Action 🔥
- Paige Spiranac Rates Each Sport Based Off How Hard They Party
- Photo: Scottie Pippen Spotted With Young Mystery Woman Amid His Ex Larsa Getting ‘Handsy’ With Marcus Jordan
- Liangelo Ball Pictured Kissing New Girlfriend Miss Nikkii Baby Amid Signing Non Guaranteed Contract with Hornets
- Source: Kliff Kingsbury’s Girlfriend Telling People They Are Building a New House in the Valley With an Epic Roof Top Party Pad
- Timeline Dispute Surfaces in Video of Former Las Vegas Raiders Wide Receiver Henry Ruggs Doing Drills